In The Garden...

Here, here, here, here...
It bounces and slides off the massive parasol in my garden,
Above me so sullen,
I Inhale the toxic fumes I once quit,
That alcohol revives in me,
Hey, hey, hey,hey,
It says as it descends and lands, 
The darkness like a blight of my eyes,
Enshrouds the scenery around me.

I don't know what it is I feel,
Whilst witnessing this natural late night scene,
But something in me feels desperate, 
Tap, tap, tappety, tap, tap,
It gets louder above,
And I shrug,
Breathe deep,
No sleep,
But wonder for why,
Again and again why,
The still garden stuck in it's place,
No movement except what nature displaces,
And the rouge in the heavens feels warm to me,
The trees lean to,
And I sink into this ikea made chair, 
Further still. 

The house beyond my wall has darkness,
That contributes to this stillness,
And I feel as of nothing and yet everything is here. 

Suddenly,
I realise that nothing should mean all kinds of thoughts,
And it does,
As my mind races,
And my youth dissipates,
It's quiet death becoming one with all this around me,
I know it's worthless,
At least for now,
Until the song comes and makes it right again,
For if I sing of this,
It brings hope,
This pointless, yet passionate view,
Becomes something deep and real,
Unto you. 

Comments

Popular Posts