Sussex

Smell of salty air,
Pebbles, shingle underfoot,
The hazy horizon and sunlight winking at me on the water,
Delicate people sailing past,
Bikes, skates and boards,
Pushchairs, toddlers and grandpa's,
The short drive from work,
Breeze that blows the day from my mind,
The difference in people,
Willingness to understand and appreciate,
The funny accents,
The unexpectedly deep conversations,
The friends I'd gathered,
The warm hugs,
The gentle kiss of familiar faces,
The football banter,
The rare northern pride,
The walks along the coast,
The walks upon the downs,
The view down to the sea from the hills,
The flying stag beetles and crazy insects,
The sweet and clean air,
The sun setting in a tangerine sky,
The pier where my father's ashes flew,
I miss the south coast that once was my home. 
I feel you in my mind and will never forget your embrace,
My own space and time on the English coast,
I long for your peace.

Comments

  1. I'm here...again? I thought I was already here but then, I didn't see myself in the members...so many blogs! More importantly I didn't miss out on it all and I can go back and read what I missed of your lovely words that always seem to hit me right where I live! :)
    Happy writing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts