Blinkers are good...sometimes.

Blinkers are good...sometimes.

I think I feel different,
Or at least different to most,
Or is it that I give weight to that which most don't?
I don't mean that how it sounds,
I just mean that the average Joe, 
Doesn't know or blatantly suffers in silence,
Gives themselves no chance to believe anything,
Other than the monotony, 
The magicless,
The clear facts.

Today,
I spoke to someone in public,
About the beauty of the inner self being at one with the outer self,
In retrospect I laugh,
However,
I became aware of standard ears and raised eyebrows,
There disapproval almost tangible in it's weighty stare,
Their uncomfortable shifts in their chair,
It somehow pushed my words quicker out of my all-too-aware mouth,
The recipient, equally buoyed but unaware of the disapproval nearby,
Maybe I care too much,
Then again, I think it's cruel to shatter any illusion,
Blinkers are good if the truth is too much to carry,
If your life is too far down someone else's line to pull back, the truth, "my truth" would be too much to carry.
Or at least the truth I've found that's right for me,
and that seems to harmonise with some others I've met along my way.

The meeting of minds ended and the polite discourse of goodbye resolved the moment as it usually does,
I shuffled papers and moved onto my usual business,
The disapproval was left there, 
Scratching his head,
I had to laugh and went onto my next thing with a smile,
Maybe one day he'll ask me, 
It won't matter though, you don't find your truth unless you are ready, or rather,
your truth will find you when you want and need to find it. You could fall over your truth but ignore it if you are not looking for it as I did,
One day, the weight of the world will force your mind to react in a way you never expected my friend,
Then you might smile as I do, 
Content In the knowledge, 
I may be who I may be but my feelings are my own.

My day seems a little brighter,
I'm glad the sun can shine indoors sometimes...

Comments

Popular Posts